- I Need To…
This is how you file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the Will County Treasurer:
- Please make your request for records in writing. The Will County Treasurer’s Office does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose. You may submit your written request in person, by mail, fax, or e-mail. Please direct your request to:Brian S. McDaniel, FOIA Officer
302 North Chicago Street
Joliet, IL 60432-4059
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions. To the extent that you wish to ask questions of a representative of the Will County Treasurer’s Office, you may call 815-740-4675.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
- There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a .15-cent-per-page charge.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest—not simply your personal interest—and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.
Unclaimed Cash Request
If you would like a copy of our most recent Unclaimed Cash Report, please click: Unclaimed Cash Report.
Download Request Form
You may download a copy of our Freedom of Information Request Form here.