- I Need To…
The Will County Collector will mail real estate property tax bills on Monday, May 1, 2017. These bills are for taxes owed in 2016.
The First Installment must be paid by June 1, 2017 with the Second Installment due on September 1, 2017.
Where Do You Pay Your Taxes?
There are several convenient ways to pay your real estate property taxes.
- Taxes may be paid online at www.WillCountyTaxBill.com.
- Mail payments to Will County Collector, PO Box 5000, Joliet, IL 60434-5000.
- At one of 100 bank and credit union branches across Will County.
- In Person, weekdays from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM at the Will County Building, 302 North Chicago Street, Joliet. There is a Drop Box in the parking lot for after-hours payment.
How Do You Pay Your Taxes?
- Payment by auto-draft from your checking or savings account is the quickest, safest, and least expensive method. There is no fee for eCheck or ACH payments.
- Our website accepts major credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard. Convenience fees apply and are non-refundable.
- If mailing, make checks payable to Will County Collector. Your canceled check is the receipt.
- Payment is void if the check fails to clear. There is an additional $25.00 fee for returned checks.
- Post dated checks are illegal and will not be held for processing.
- Personal checks received after 4:30 PM, Central Time, October 13, 2017 will be returned regardless of postmark.
Other Helpful Information
The last day to pay in person is November 28, 2017. The county will sell any outstanding tax amount after this day at our Annual Tax Sale.
When you receive your tax bill, the period to protest your property assessment has expired.