THIS INFORMATION IS OUT OF DATE.

CLICK HERE FOR 2015 INFORMATION.

The Will County Collector will mail real estate property tax bills on Friday, May 2, 2014. These bills are for taxes owed in 2013. The First Installment due date is June 2, 2014 with the Second Installment due on September 2, 2014.

Where Do You Pay Your Taxes?

There are several convenient ways to pay your real estate property taxes.

How Do You Pay Your Taxes?

• Payment by auto-draft from your checking or savings account is the quickest, safest, and least expensive method.
  • Our website accepts major credit cards such as Visa and MasterCard. Convenience fees apply and are non-refundable.
  • If mailing, make checks payable to Will County Collector. Your canceled check is the receipt.
  • Payment is void if the check fails to clear. There is an additional $25.00 fee for returned checks.
  • Post dated checks are illegal and will not be held for processing.
  • Personal checks received after October 17, 2014 will be returned regardless of postmark.

Other Helpful Information

• The last day to pay in person is Tuesday, December 2, 2014. The county will sell any outstanding tax amount after this day at our Annual Tax Sale.
  • When you receive your tax bill, the period to protest your property assessment has expired. Protests were due 30 days after you received an assessment notice in August, 2013.
  • The county will charge $2.00 per bill for partial payments.
Tagged with:

16 Responses to Will County Property Tax Bills to Mail May 2, 2014

1. Laura says:

Where can I find a list of banks on your website where I can pay my taxes?

2. JT says:

What is Will county doing to reduce the tax burdon. It is running good tax base residence away to give that money to Indiana. Taxing ourselves out of business. While my property is worth 1/2 what it was 5 years ago, the tax is basically the same. What a joke where the rate can simply be increased when the assessed values go down. Every household has to tighten belt except our government.

• Thank you for your comment. We understand your frustration. Our office does not set taxes rates or spending policies. Those duties fall to the Will County Board and local government such as cities and villages. To know what the county is doing to reduce the burden, we respectfully refer you to the policy makers: the Will County Executive and the Will County Board.

3. JT says:

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the clarification. I just know that IL and Will County has a lot to offer, and a lot of people I work with would rather live in IL than Indiana, but won’t even consider it due to the property tax. But this is probably not an appropriate discussion for this website. Thank You for the reply.

4. Sandra Null says:

Are there any programs in place to help seniors keep thier homes? The taxes increase faster than a senior’s income!

5. Maryhelen Mallory says:

My husband & I were wanting to know how to protest our tax bill and then I found this on your site “When you receive your tax bill, the period to protest your property assessment has expired. Protests were due 30 days after you received an assessment notice in August, 2013.” Does that mean a tax payer is supposed to protest their bill before knowing what it will be? Makes absolutely no sense if so. Thank you for your help!

• Maryhelen,

We are not a part of this process. Protesting begins when the Supervisor of Assessment mails the annual assessment notice. Once the county mails the tax bills, the only recourse a taxpayer has is to file an objection with the Circuit Clerk’s office. It is at that time they may submit any proof or documentation to the courts to back up their complaint. At that time it is the discretion of the judge to determine if they have enough evidence to support a reduction.

6. Diana Massat says:

The bills were mailed out the 2nd of May. It is the 8th and I have not received mine yet. What should I do?

• Diana,

I’m sorry about that. As we all know, the Post Office has its own schedule! The main point is not to worry; the First Installment isn’t due until June 2nd. You can log on to http://www.WillCountyTaxBill.com and review your bill online. You also can pay your bill using several payment methods such as a credit card or a bank draft from your checking account.

7. Ronald Marklund says:

Where the tax billes mailed on 05/02/2014 I have not recevied mine yet Who do I contact if I do not receive.

Thanks

Ron

8. Colin Higgins says:

My property tax went up 8% in one year (almost $600), while my property value remained mostly flat. This is confiscatory taxation, and combined with the state income tax hikes, it is going to encourage people to simply move to Indiana or elsewhere. Residents cannot afford these massive tax hikes.

9. Melissa abel says:

It is may 22nd. I have not received my tax bill. Is there a phone number I can call? I can’t get info online without a pin which is on tax bill.

Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.